Winter is a great time of the year to keep warm and have fun in the kitchen making yummy treats to share with your family and friends. These chocolate covered spoons are a delicious treat that your child will not only love to make they will enjoy eating too. Warm up a mug of milk and dip the chocolate covered spoon in for a fun and delicious hot chocolate.
- Milk chocolate (or any chocolate that you wish)
- Plastic spoons
- Clear gift/party bags
- Place some plastic spoons on a tray with the handles slightly elevated.
- Break up the chocolate pieces, place them in a bowl and melt them in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time stirring at each interval until all of the chocolate has melted.
- Poor melted chocolate into a zip-lock bag or a plastic bag and seal it closed.
- Cut the corner off the bag and then begin piping the melted chocolate onto the spoons.
- Fill the spoons until the melted chocolate reaches the edges.
- Place the tray of spoons in the refrigerator to make the melted chocolate harden slightly.
- As the chocolate begins to harden but is still soft to touch, take the tray out and place some coloured smarties on top of the chocolate.
- Once decorated put the tray of spoons back into the refrigerator and wait until the chocolate has hardened completely.
- Once hardened completely, take each spoon and place them into their own individual plastic gift bag with two marshmallows.
- Tie a ribbon around each plastic gift bag and the spoon handle. Knot the ribbon and then tie a bow.
- Hand out at your child’s birthday parties or give them to your family or friends as fun winter treats. Enjoy these yummy chocolate spoons with a glass of warm milk. The chocolate will melt away from the spoon and will turn any plain milk into a delicious hot chocolate.