Do you have trouble keeping your kids entertained on the weekend?
Crafts activities are great for children to do. Not only do crafts activities help to keep kids occupied, they also help to improve their fine motor skills and cognitive development. A confetti bowl is an easy and fun craft activity that will keep your kids entertained for hours and will give them a beautiful bowl to store all of their precious trinkets in.
What you will need:
- Paint brush
- Papier-mâché glue
- 2 x bowls
- Place the confetti in one bowl.
- Blow up a balloon. Not too big. You want the bottom on the balloon to be the size of a small bowl.
- Place the balloon into the second bowl with the bottom of the balloon facing up.
- Paint some craft glue onto the bottom of the balloon in the shape of a small bowl.
- Pick up the balloon and hold it over the bowl with confetti in it.
- Using your hands, grab small amounts of confetti and place it onto the glued surface.
- Repeat this step until the whole glued surface is covered in confetti.
- Repeat these steps until you have a thick coat of confetti and glue on the balloon.
- Return the balloon to the spare bowl and sit it back in the bowl with the bottom of the balloon facing up.
- Place the balloon out in the sun to dry.
- Once dried, pop the balloon.
- Take the deflated balloon out of the confetti bowl and using your scissors neaten up the edges by cutting around them.
Your kids will love placing all of their special trinkets in their brightly coloured handmade confetti bowl.
Images and craft by VJuliet.