Get your children excited to go back to school with this recycled cardboard notebook activity.
Going back to school is an exciting time for any child. They enjoy meeting their new class mates, learning new things and using their new notebooks and stationary for the first time. You can make their first day back at school even more exciting with some colourful and creative notebooks. Below is a great craft activity that you can do with your children while they are on their summer holidays.
Creating notebooks out of cereal boxes is a great way to teach your children about recycling while having fun. This is a great ‘back to school’ activity that will have your children loving their new school supplies. They will be eager to begin learning again with their new colourful notebooks. You may love them that much that you may want to make one for yourself too!
Steps to make a cereal box notebook:
- Measure your desired length and height on the unfolded cereal box and cut it out.
- Fold the cardboard blank side out. This will ensure you have a clean surface to work off.
- Grab your button and sew it to the front page of the cardboard and cut the string with enough to wrap around the notebook to keep it closed.
- To cover the picture on the inside of the notebook, glue a piece of white paper over the top.
- Measure your paper that you want inside the notebook to be slightly smaller than the cover and then cut it to size.
- Find the middle of the notebook and sew the paper to the cover along the spine.
- Lastly, attach a colourful or decorative piece of paper to the outside spine to cover up the stitching.
Now you’re all done!