Do your kids love to garden?
This DIY project is a perfect craft activity for children to do on a weekend or during the school holidays. It’s easy to make and will keep your kids busy painting and creating for hours. They will love designing fun patterns and prints on their own pots and then planting their favourite flowers, small fruit plants or herbs.
What you will need:
- Terracotta pot
- Paint in various colours
- Paint brushes
- Masking tape
- Chalkboard paint
- Place masking tape on your pot in a pattern that you love.
- Take your first colour and paint the sections on the pot that you want the colour to be in.
- Take your second colour and third colour and repeat this process until the entire pot is painted.
- Wait for the paint to dry.
- Once dry peel of the masking tape carefully.
- Using your masking tape mark out a rectangle space on the side of your pot or mark out the entire middle section of the pot.
- Paint on the chalkboard paint in the marked section and then wait to dry.
- Once dry, carefully peel off the masking tape.
Use your chalk to write a sweet message or the name of the plant on the pot. This fun craft makes a nice present for your kids to give to their friends, teacher or relative.