Children’s birthday parties are always full of fun, colour, lollies, giggles and presents. It is great to give a present for the birthday boy or girl that you know will make them smile. You can make their present extra special by covering it in your handmade wrapping paper. Below are two bright and fun DIY wrapping paper craft projects that you can make with your children. It’s a great craft project that will help to enhance the development of your child’s fine motor skills and engage their minds through a fun a creative activity. They will love telling their friends that they made the wrapping paper especially for them.
What you will need:
- Double sided tape
- Coloured paper
- Hole puncher
- Sticky tape
- Mark out with your ruler and pencil 10cm strips on each of the coloured pieces of paper that you choose.
- Cut each strip out and lay down on a flat surface.
- Once all coloured strips have been cut out, arrange them in two sets of the same colour pattern.
- Take one set and lay them out vertical on the table.
- Take the first colour strip from the second set and weave it horizontally in an under/over pattern until it is weaved through all of the vertical coloured strips.
- Repeat this process with the remaining coloured strips from the second set remembering to always alternate the weave pattern e.g. first colour strip: under then over; second colour strip: over then under.
- Once you have completed your weave, neaten the strips to make sure they are all even.
- Place your weaved paper on top of your wrapped box and then secure it in place with sticky tape.
- Hole punch a variety of coloured paper until you have enough coloured paper dots.
- Place double sided tape on your wrapped gift box in a pattern of your choice.
- Take small pinches of the coloured paper dots and place them onto the double sided tape.
- Repeat this process until all of the double sided tape is covered.
Looking for some fun and affordable birthday presents? Check out Mocka's great range of toys and homewares.