BACK TO BLOG
What you will need:
- Various colours of felt including white
- Thread matching the colours of the felt
- A sewing needle
- Measure and cut out a 5cm and a 10cm diameter circle template from cardboard.
- Place the 5cm template back onto the cardboard and mark around the template. Cut out two circles for each macroon that you would like to make.
- Place the 5cm circle template onto your white felt and mark around the circle. Cut out two white felt circles for every macaroon that you would like to make.
- Place the 10cm template onto your coloured felt and mark around the template. Cut out two circles for each colour macaron that you would like to make.
- Take one of the 10cm felt circles and sew around the outside with your needle and matching thread. Don’t cut off the threaded needle once you have completed sewing around the outside of the circle.
- Pull the needle so the thread draws in the felt. Place some stuffing inside the felt and then place a 5cm cardboard circle over the top.
- Draw in the felt by pulling gently on the thread and then finish off sewing to ensure the cardboard and stuffing is secure and tight.
- Repeat steps 5 – 7 to make a matching macaron top.
- Place some glue on the inside section of the macaron where the stitching is and then place a white felt circle on top. Repeat this process for the matching macaron top.
- Place some glue on the white felt disk attached to the matching macaron tops and press them together.
- Wait for the glue to dry.
- Repeat these steps to make felt macarons in various colours.
Join the Mocka family for free to receive the best Mocka deals!